Saturday 14 July 2012

Friday 13th and Saturday 14th July 2012  Katherine (day 2)

Trip Meter Reading Start – 6524           
Kids make friends easy when camping.  Luke riding his bike with Mathew and Tara...Happy Days
Trip Meter Reading Finish – 6560
Trip Meter Reading Finish – 36km

Comments -  Luke Baker
Today I met some kids and we rode our bikes around the campground. We fed horses and cows. Dad took me in to look at the rare rocks shop where there were lots of types, mainly zebra rocks. We went into Katherine to do some shopping and bought a fossicking pick so I can dig for my own zebra rocks when we get there.
I was pretty crook that night so I had a real quiet day the next day and took panadol to try and get my temperature down.
My aboriginal friend, Mathew who lives at the park came to visit me.
Comments – Dad and Mum
Well I had an eventful day finishing and submitting our tax returns while the boys went into town.  Luke got pretty crook with high temperatures in the night, so we were on seizure alert and got very little sleep.  We decided to catch up on some paperwork and stay another night and he was pretty quiet the next day.   After speaking with my Mum and Dad who were a few days in front we gave Katherine Gorge cruise a miss and opted for the Timber Creek cruise on the Victoria River instead...as they say you can’t do it all.  We were a little disappointed  on how expensive it was for families to do tours at Katherine Gorge.  To hire a canoe was $45 per person for half a day....times that by 3 or 4 for a family and it becomes very unaffordable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment