Saturday 14 July 2012

Mon / Tue 9th & 10th July 2012  Coolalinga to Dundee Beach (2 nights)
Trip Meter Reading Start – 5840            Trip Meter Reading Finish – 5960
Total Km Travelled –  120km

Comments -  Luke Baker
Today I caught up with Lleyton and his family.  We made a home for our pet hermit crabs and flat heads.  I found heaps of cool shells; I rode my bike to a pool and had a swim.  After that I had a nice hot shower.  I also killed 20 cane toads around the caravan park with Lleyton; after that I sat around the camp fire.
The next day we went fishing and Lleyton caught a Trevally approx 50cm. We got lost trying to find our way back with only a small amount of fuel left. When we got back I had a swim, it was very cold but worth it. After that we went to the pub for a feed, where opposite we played badminton on the dunes. They also had Star Wars playing on the big screen. We only killed about 6 cane toads this time.
Comments – Dad and Mum
We decided to duck into a small place where our friend Rohan and his son Lleyton had been staying for a week on our way to Litchfield.  Approx 30km south on the Stuart highway it is approx 75 k’s to the beach via Berry Springs; not at all touristy but a really nice quiet camping place to stay if you are a keen fisherman.  The park, Dundee Lodge, is right on the beach and has just been taken over by a wealthy Greek businessman.  It is very simple and to promote it were providing free unpowered sites for the NT school holidays......how lucky for us. So we decided to stay 2 nights so the boys could do some fishing, and more importantly I would have the van to myself and could catch up on some washing and cleaning (how exciting!!!).  The park has a small lap pool to cool off in and some beautiful aqua blue beaches with red rocks going to the foreshore; palms and pandanus.  A pretty little place to unwind; we really enjoyed it including the company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment